We did a search for other books with a similar title, and found some results for you that may be helpful.
16.09.36 , Cole and Galloway, eds., The Cambridge Companion to Piers Plowman
Click on the cover image above to read some pages of this book! A unique resource, 'The Cambridge Companion to Greek Mythology' is essential reading for understanding not only Greek myth, but also its enormous impact on art, architecture, literature, politics and philosophy across the ages. More than a compendium of isolated facts, 'The Cambridge Companion to Greek Mythology' is thoughtfully composed by a team of international experts who highlight important themes in three sections.
The first part examines oral and written Greek mythology and the uses of these myths from the epic poetry of the eighth century BC to the mythographic catalogs of the early centuries AD. The second section looks at the relationship between ancient Greek myth and Greek culture and investigates the Roman appropriation of the Greek mythic tradition.
Section three follows the reception of Greek myth from the Middle Ages to modernity, taking in such factors as feminist scholarship, cinema and literature. Important for its reach and breadth, its integrated approach and its up-to-date treatment, 'The Cambridge Companion to Greek Mythology' is fundamental for anyone seeking a broader understanding of the myths and their influence on western tradition. Help Centre. Track My Order.go to site
ISBN 13: 9780521680820
- The Lion in Autumn: A Season with Joe Paterno and Penn State Football.
- Politics and Culture in Twentieth-Century Germany (Studies in German Literature Linguistics and Culture);
- Advances in Chromatography, Volume 51!
- Join Kobo & start eReading today!
- Amarna Sunset: Nefertiti, Tutankhamun, Ay, Horemheb, and the Egyptian Counter-Reformation?
- Account Options.
- Get PDF The Cambridge Companion to Cervantes (Cambridge Companions to Literature).
K P Clarke. ISBN 0 0. This tension between reading and writ- whose allegorical reading was akin to eating ing, allegory as both a productive and destruc- the roasted—rather than raw or boiled— tive locus of logos, drives many of the essays in Paschal lamb cf.
Indeed, of forgetting oneself while reading, and this the medieval section of this book is particularly volume manages to embody such pleasure. The final sec- An allegory of reading, indeed. Published by Oxford University Press. For Permissions, contributions by Howard Caygill on Walter please email: journals. Related Papers.
- The New Cambridge Companion to Herman Melville - Google книги?
- The Cambridge Companion to the City in Literature (Cambridge Companions to Literature)!
- The Cambridge Companion to the City in Literature (Cambridge Companions to Literature);
- HVAC - The Handbook of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning for Design and Implementation;
- Complete Idiots Guide to Interpreting Your Dreams.
- The Cambridge Companions to Literature and Classics?
Introduction: Staging Allegory. By Joseph Campana. By Fr.