In the wild, they live in groups, often with complex communication and familial social structures, which can be difficult to reproduce in captivity.
- The Pirates Dilemma: How hackers, punk capitalists, graffiti millionaires and other youth movements are remixing our culture and changing our world?
- The Treasury in Public Policy-Making.
- Navigation menu.
- 100 Days Happier: Daily Inspiration for Life-long Happiness.
- Destination Collaboration 1: A Complete Research Focused Curriculum Guidebook to Educate 21st Century Learners in Grades 3-5.
- Foreign Policy Analysis: Classic and Contemporary Theory.
- Minding Therapy!
Furthermore, primates are not just capable of developing relationships; social interaction is important for their psychological well-being. So important, in fact, that some primates will choose companionship over food.
Search for:. Skip to content. Search for books, journals or webpages All Pages Books Journals.
View on ScienceDirect. Hardcover ISBN: Imprint: Academic Press. Published Date: 29th March Page Count: For regional delivery times, please check When will I receive my book? Sorry, this product is currently out of stock.go to site
Flexible - Read on multiple operating systems and devices. Easily read eBooks on smart phones, computers, or any eBook readers, including Kindle. When you read an eBook on VitalSource Bookshelf, enjoy such features as: Access online or offline, on mobile or desktop devices Bookmarks, highlights and notes sync across all your devices Smart study tools such as note sharing and subscription, review mode, and Microsoft OneNote integration Search and navigate content across your entire Bookshelf library Interactive notebook and read-aloud functionality Look up additional information online by highlighting a word or phrase.
Institutional Subscription. The more common agents include bacteria Shigella, Salmonella, Campylobacter , protozoan parasites Cryptosporidium, Giardia, Amoeba, Balantidia , and helminth parasites Strongyloides.
Table of Contents
There have been no reports of human illness, but there are research workers who developed antibodies to SIV after handling laboratory specimens. Marburg and Ebola Filoviruses Humans have developed illness from Marburg infection when exposed to tissues from African Green monkeys. The Ebola viruses from the Sudan and Zaire have not been isolated from monkeys. A different Ebola virus was discovered in in West Africa chimpanzees when a researcher became infected.
The Ebola virus that caused an outbreak in a Reston, Virginia monkey quarantine facility, did not cause illness in any humans, but four animal handlers developed antibodies to the virus. These incidents remind us of the potential for as yet undiscovered human pathogens to be introduced by wild caught monkeys.
Primate - Wikipedia
Other Nonhuman primates are more likely to contract hepatitis A, measles, or poliomyelitis from humans or as part of a laboratory experiment than to transmit these diseases to humans. However, once infected with these diseases, primates pose a risk to the humans with which they are in contact. Check restaurant inspections?
Apply for WIC? Find the Latest on Zika? Get Help to Quit Smoking?
- What are nonhuman primate-related diseases of concern in Ohio?.
- Crosslinguistic Studies of Clause Combining: The Multifunctionality of Conjunctions.
- Cookie Control.
- Overview of Nonhuman Primates?
- chapter and author info!
- Non-Human Primates?
- Nonhuman Primates.
- Nonhuman Primate Species at the National Primate Research Centers!
- Main navigation.
- Congenital Malformations in Nonhuman Primates | SpringerLink.
Check out home health service providers? Report a foodborne illness?